Renting a car is a great idea sometimes, especially during travel times, because your goal is to have fun and save money, and you may sometimes have to rent a car because your car broke down or for other causes, even if you have a private car; Renting a car may be a better idea because you will save more money.
You can choose a car with good specifications to save fuel while you are on the move, and you will have wider options in terms of size to accommodate the whole family in addition to other luggage, and whatever your purpose of renting the car, try to pay attention to some things that you should know and things that you should avoid before rental.
Important tips for renting a car
Here are some important tips before you decide to rent a car in Lahore or any other city to have a better experience:
- Pay the rent after handing over the car: Do not pay for the car rental in advance if possible, and pay on delivery because prices may vary from day to day and if you can charge the car owner or the company when you finish the car and return it.
- Do not prepay for car gas: Before renting the car, the rental agent will ask you if you want to buy gas for the car in advance and say no, because you may not know that you will pay for a full tank whether you use it all or not and you may also incur additional fees and taxes, and other advice when you return Your taxi to the agent Fill in about 10 miles which are enough for you to get to the rental agency.
- Register in the rental agency: If you are a permanent tenant and rent two or three times a year, it is preferable to participate in rental agencies to get offers, discounts, and additional points, which will save you some money and gain other advantages as a permanent customer.
- Get a simple car without GPS and extra functions: If the rental agent offers you extra features in the car, you'd better not accept them because it will increase the cost of the car for you when you have a lot of these features on your mobile phone.
- Pay attention to the child seat: If you intend to travel with your family and you have children, pay attention to the presence of a child seat in the car because buying a new chair to use several times will cost you a lot.
- Make sure the car is sterilized: Before you take the car keys, make sure they are clean and sterilized, especially in light of the current health conditions, and to increase the precaution, be sure to buy sterile wipes and medical alcohol to carry out further sterilization to ensure your safety of your family.
- Check the receipt well: Before you pay for the rent, make sure of the receipt. Some companies may charge you additional and unexpected fees, so check the receipt thoroughly before paying and make sure that you are paying for the services provided to you because some agency owners take advantage of clients, whether they are from another country or not, they know the currency valuation perfectly or because they are in a hurry, etc.
Things not to do when renting a car
Here are some important points that you should avoid when renting a car:
Do not buy rental car insurance: If you rent a car in your country, and you have comprehensive insurance, or so-called full coverage on your original car, most likely insurance companies will insure the car you rent as well, but if your insurance is at its minimum limits, the company will not insure you the taxi, so make sure On the other hand, your credit card may cover the insurance costs for your original car insurance before deciding on the taxi insurance.
Do not neglect checking the car before leaving: Do not tolerate the issue of checking the taxi and in front of the rental agent, pay attention to every small or large scratch before driving the car, and check the windows, mirrors, and even the interior car furniture, because the rental agent may fine you for these faults when you return the car to the agency, and you I am not responsible for it if it has been in the car before, and it is also preferable that you take detailed pictures of the car before leaving the dealership.
Do not leave the border: Be aware that you are not allowed to leave the international border when you are driving a taxi, under the agreements of the car rental agencies with the border department.
Do not rent a car from the airport: If you intend to rent a car during your travels, do not rent it from the airport, although it is the easiest way for you, but you do not know that you will pay a premium for the right to receive the car after you get off the plane directly, because car rental companies pay additional fees to the airport when They do business in this regard, and in return, this fee will be passed on to you, and you will pay it, and you only need to check the locations of the companies on the search browser as soon as you get off the plane.
may interest you
Renting a car provides you with many advantages and benefits, including:
- Save money: If you intend to go on vacation or travel by car, the taxi will save you the costs of fuel and necessary maintenance before you travel, especially if your original car consumes a lot of fuel, and if you do not already have a car, renting a car will make it easier for you to move around.
- Convenience: Renting a car gives you great convenience in commuting, freedom of movement to visit more places and restaurants without worrying about available transportation that can sometimes be expensive and sometimes inaccessible. You will also be comfortable carrying your things and moving luggage.
- Price: Rental companies and agencies usually offer competitive and reasonable rates that you can compare and choose the best one to save yourself some extra money, in addition to the wide options and rates offered by the agencies.
- Affordability: If you live in big city and do not need to use a car on a daily basis, there is no need to buy a car, and renting is the best option because it will save you the monthly insurance costs, parking, inspections, maintenance matters, parts replacement, etc.
- Renting a hybrid car saves more: If you want to save more money, you can rent a hybrid car, and it is a great option, especially in times of travel and trips.