Why Does My Brother Printer Scan but Not Print?
There is no second thought that can puzzle you while purchasing Brother Printers. The printer offers you high-quality prints and scans. With the advancements in technology, the printer provides you a variety of printers with many world-class features. If you want to access prints instantly without any error, Brother printers must be your first choice.
Though the printer offers you simple options to access its services, sometimes you may get stuck with a technical glitch. It has been observed that a user finds it difficult to print but the printer scans the documents. If you are seeing such a problem, you can also take support from the official help page. Or else, you can follow the given instructions to fix it.
Follow the Steps to Fix Scan but Not Printing Issue:
- First of all, you need to press the Windows key or open the Start menu.
- Then you need to go to the Settings.
- Next, you should click on the Devices option and select the "Printer & Scanners" option.
- Further, you are required to choose the Devices and Printers.
- In this way, you can see a list of accessible devices, choose the printer that you want to use by right-clicking on it.
- After that, you can see the dropdown menu, choose the Properties option.
- In the Properties section, you need to choose the 'Change Properties' option from the General section.
- Also, you have to choose the Ports option and select the port that contains your printer's name.
- Lastly, you need to select the Apply option to complete the process.
With the above Brother Printer Troubleshooting instructions, you will be able to access your Brother Printer without any hassle. So, perform the above steps and fix the issues as soon as possible.
Not printing due to the offline problem:
Check the Brother printer settings and see if it is set to offline mode. If this is happening, your Brother printer may stop working or printing. To change your printer setting, here's what you need to do:
- Click on the Start button of your PC.
- Now go to Settings.
- Now, click on the Devices and Under Devices and click on Printers and Scanners.
- Then select the brother printer you are using.
- Now right-click on the brother printer.
- Click to see what the print option is from the dropdown menu.
- Choose the printer option from the top left corner.
- Now a dropdown menu will appear. After that deselect the Use Printer Offline option.
- Make sure that the Use Printer Offline option is unchecked.
Check Brother Printer is Switched ON Or Not:
Sometimes, the Brother printer shuts down and many people do not realize it. After that check, if the printer's power source is working properly. Here's how:
- If the brother printer is lighting the LED light properly on the printer, it means that the brother printer has enough power.
- If your printer is indicating a signal on then the LED light is bright and lighting.
- If you notice that the error light in the printer is blinking or being lit, it means that your printer has some errors.
- If you do not have any lights even after the printer is powered on, check the power source. If necessary, reset the power cord again.